* Non-European students: July 15, 2010*
* European students: August 1, 2010*
Requirement: English proficiency
A newly signed agreement between “la Caixa” savings bank Foundation and the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics sets up fourteen full tuition scholarships for excellent students from developing and emerging countries to study in one of the School’s master programs. These scholarships are designed to give students the opportunity to gain a top master degree so that they can later contribute to the economic growth of their native country.
The “la Caixa” Foundation scholarships are merit based, and target students from emerging and developing countries* with excellent academic backgrounds who intend to work in their home countries at the end of their professional training process. By sponsoring students from these countries, “la Caixa” and the GSE affirm their commitment to attracting and training the most talented young people from around the world, and to fostering a global student community that comes from many different backgrounds and promotes an environment of mutual learning.
* “Emerging and developing countries” refers to all countries not included on the following 2008 IMF list of “advanced economies”: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States of America.
This award covers:
* master program tuition
* medical insurance
* round-trip airfare from the student's country of residence
* monthly stipend for expenses during the student's stay in Barcelona
Available Master Programs:
MSc in Finance
MSc in Competition and Market Regulation
MSc in the Economics of Science and Innovation
MSc in International Trade, Finance, and Development
MSc in Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets
How to Apply
Students are reminded that only complete applications will be considered. In the online application form candidates must provide the following attachments:
* academic transcript
* statement of purpose
* curriculum vitae
* proof of knowledge of English
Two letters of reference must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the selection process for all scholarships is handled entirely by the Admissions Committee of the Barcelona GSE.
The Grant Program
Scholarships for the GSE